Saturday, August 11, 2018

The End of an Action Packed ABL Week: The Start of a New Chapter in the DJHS- ABL Story

Although I'm not a Math teacher, I read stories in numbers. So let me throw out a few, that tell their own story.
5th August, Sunday: The ABL crew and around 25 teachers in a planning meeting, 12.30 to 5 pm.
6th and 7th August, 2018: 5 ABL facilitators team teach with 21 teachers in DJHS across 26 divisions (Grades 3 to 10) and all classes more than once. Average class strength -35 students. Integrating Art, Music, Drama and Writing across the curriculum.
8th August, 2018: Team teaching (Primary and Secondary sections) 9am to 3.30pm  in DJG.
8th August, 2018:   4.30 to 6.30 pm - 120+ parents and their children: Reading, writing, sharing.
10th August,  2018: 77 teachers. 17 different schools, reading, writing, sharing.
11th August,  2018: 94 students, 9 schools, reading writing and sharing.

A few quotes, questions, comments from students, teachers, facilitators:
"When is the next ABL conference?"
"Ms Lee, in the next conference, I want to work with Rich."
Thank you Miss, for letting us be a part of this Peace Conference.
" Why didn't you include all the Science and Computer teachers? This isn't fair!"
" I shared my writing for the first time."
I've never done anything like this."
"I didn't know I could write!"
"This is so much fun. Not like other boring workshops."
"Spectacular."

And finally a two line story from a student that sums up our Writing for Peace Conference.

'Ammi' took me to the mosque on Friday, my father took me to church on Thursday. 
The prayer I heard was the same.

To everyone who was a part of this week and worked to make it happen, 'Thank you'. I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment